What is Windows Virtual Desktop?
Windows Virtual Desktop is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service running on the cloud. It is the only service that delivers simplified management, multi-session Windows 10, optimization for Office 365 ProPlus, and support for Remote Desktop Services Environments. With Windows Virtual Desktop you can deploy and scale your Windows desktops and apps on Azure in minutes, with built-in security and compliance.
Windows Virtual Desktop solutions
- Running dedicated virtual desktops can be inefficient
- Traditional multi session deployments do not provide rich client experience
Multi-session and single-session Windows 10
- Fully managed, always up to date, modern Windows user experience
- Rich desktop experience accessible from any device
- Scale from 1 to thousands of user-sessions per Virtual Machine
- Missing functionality e.g. search, Cortana, Store
- Challenge to manage different deployment types across different deployment planes
Store and legacy app remoting
- Client-like experience including look-and-feel, Cortana, Edge, desktop search, and Microsoft Store
- Virtualize Store and legacy apps easily
- Controlled access, from full desktop down to specific apps only
- Limited time to migrate legacy Win 7 apps
- Security concerns post end of Win 7 support in 2020
Free Windows 7 Extended Security Updates
- Full Windows 7 desktop
- Easily virtualize your existingm Windows 7 applications
- Get free extended security updates for Window 7
Access to Windows Virtual Desktop
- Windows Virtual Desktop is available to you at no additional cost if you have an eligible M365 license. Just pay for the Azure resources required.
To run Windows 10 multi-session, Windows 10 or Windows 7, you need one of:
• Microsoft 365 F1, E3, E5, A3, A5, Business
• Windows 10 Enterprise E3, E5
• Windows 10 Education A3, A5
• Windows 10 VDA per user
- Setup your Azure subscription
Choose your virtual machines (VMs) and storage. Optimize costs via Reserved Instances (up to 72 percent discount) and by using multi-session Windows 10.
Regardless if you are migrating your on-prem VDI or spinning up a new environment in Azure, Inviso’s team of cloud experts can help. We’ll work with you from assessing the environment to getting it up and running in Azure.
Contact us today to find out how!